Use Of Heat Gun On Frozen Pipes Blamed On Wednesday Fire In Oil City

January 10, 2014
By

Officials say a fire that caused damage to the kitchen of a home in Oil City on Wednesday afternoon was started by a “heat gun” being used to thaw out frozen pipes.

The fire damaged a wall of a home on Martin Street before it was extinguished by Oil City firefighters.  No injuries were reported.

Officials stress that residents try an appliance with milder heat settings, such as a hair dryer, when attempting to thaw pipes.

 

Venango Weather