Sharpsville Football-Basketball Star Hospitalized After Electrocution, Fall From Roof

July 1, 2013
By

A recent graduate of Sharpsville High School, who was a starter and All-Region selection in both football and basketball, was hospitalized in Pittsburgh on Saturday after he was electrocuted while working for his father’s roofing business.

18 year-old Tyler Luchey is listed in critical condition in the burn trauma unit at UPMC Mercy Hospital.

Luchey reportedly was on the roof of a house on Main Street in Sharpsville when he touched electric wires with a roofing tool.  He was thrown off the roof and onto a sidewalk about thirty feet removed from the spot where he had been working.

Injuries reportedly include burns, a broken neck, head injuries and broken feet.

Oil Region football fans saw Luchey recently competing in the annual North-South All-Star Game at Oil City High School.

Venango Weather