Kennerdell Home Destroyed By Wednesday Night Fire

March 29, 2013
By

A Kennerdell couple was left homeless, but uninjured, in a fire that swept through their home on Witherup Road on Wednesday night.

Officials say the couple was home, but escaped safely.  The fire was believed to have been caused by an electrical problem.  The home was being remodeled.

Four fire companies responded to the blaze shortly after 9:30 PM Wednesday.  One report indicates that only the walls of the home remain.

Further complicating problems was the fact that the home was located on a road that has no winter maintenance, and two fire vehicles became stuck on the way to the scene.  Firefighters remained at the location for about four hours.

Venango Weather