Monday Night Fire Battled At Erie’s Hammermill Center

December 26, 2013
By

A fire late Monday night at Gannon University’s Hammermill Center in downtown Erie apparently began in an electrical panel in the building’s basement.

A small explosion in a breaker box apparently caused flames to climb a wall to the upper floors.  The fire was discovered around 10:45 PM.  Power was shut off to the surrounding neighborhood while the blaze was being battled.

No injuries were reported, and there was no report of a damage estimate.

University officials do not believe the fire will cause too many schedule changes, since most students are on Christmas break.

Venango Weather